We are currently looking for a Member Coordinator at Sprocket who is friendly, organized, and detail-oriented. The chosen candidate will play a key role in engaging our coworking community, ensuring an exceptional member experience, and executing event planning and operational tasks to a high standard.
Who We Are
Sprocket is not your average nonprofit organization – we’re a lively and passionate community of innovation enthusiasts! Our roots are in tech education, and we’ve expanded our focus to fueling entrepreneurs and small businesses in the digital sphere. We do this by providing access to top-notch resources across the state, startup competitions, connection to mentors and even capital. But most importantly to this position, we offer a place where others, yourself included, can do their best work, connect with other entrepreneurs and make big ideas happen. Join our team and grow both personally and professionally in an exciting and dynamic work environment!
Who You Are
The Community Manager is responsible for community engagement initiatives and the day-to-day operations at the coworking space, provides support to members, and directly impacts membership growth and retention. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy people and love talking to them every day
- Are a leader and a go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Are a hard-worker with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Are organized, efficient, and able to keep your cool in stressful situations
- Are well-spoken both in oral and written communication
- Are willing to take ownership of the coworking space
- Are tech savvy and like helping those who aren’t so much
What You’ll Do
- Manage communications and relationships with members at our coworking space.
- Greet guests and drop-ins to the coworking space and provide tours and membership information to prospective members.
- Master and manage our software platforms used for billing, door access, event management, and reservable resource management.
- Ensure the coworking space remains clean by straightening up and educating members to clean up after themselves.
- Ensure smooth, day-to-day operations of the coworking space including tasks such as brewing coffee, stocking office supplies, taking out the trash, or managing maintenance and repair needs.
- Manage and maintain inventory of supplies for the coworking space.
- Receive and deliver mail and packages to coworking members.
- Execute monthly events for the markets we operate in that draw in new members and allow current members to network and connect.
- Assist with community engagement events, holidays, quarterly meetups, etc.Review and contribute to customer facing media (social, website, etc)
- Maintain communication with members via slack, signage, etc.
- Give tours of space, onboard members, and troubleshooting ongoing member needs.
- Manage Member Directory and keep accurate recordsInject surprise and delight into the member experience.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
Degree and/or experience in hospitality management or public relations
- Excellent organizational, communication, and multitasking skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure without losing a customer-service oriented attitude
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking input and feedback from multiple
- Willingness to contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Track record of hosting creative, successful events no matter how big or small
- Savvy social media skills
Pay range for this position is based on experience and performance. Flexible on full or part time. Range $11-$16/houres
You’ll enjoy working at Sprocket if
- You enjoy helping our community thrive in the digital economy.
- You like the startup and technology industry that build with collaboration and an open mindset.
- You want to be part of a community that works towards giving opportunities to those who
may not otherwise have those opportunities.
- You like to build things.
- You enjoy learning new things.
- You enjoy taking a proactive approach to solving problem